• New discussion of gene regulation, incorporating recent literature
• New essay presenting recent findings on the photolysis of water during photosynthesis
• New details on the molecular basis of cell division
• A much-expanded sustainability chapter
• Over 230 new photos and 30 new illustrations (plus many illustrations have been updated for clarity and/or to make minor corrections)
• The pedagogical elements have been updated, with “Learning Goals” for each main (A-head) section as well as a "Reviewing the Learning Goals" summary and "Testing Your Learning Goals" questions at the end of each main section. New chapter “Wrap-up" questions are found at the end of each chapter. Some serve to test the student's grasp of the information presented and others are designed to prompt the student to apply the concepts they've learned to real-world issues.
• A thorough answer section and extensive keyword glossary
• JPEGs of figures and tables are available to instructors.
• Instructors interested in receiving a complimentary examination copy as well as free book-related, in-class active learning exercises are invited to contact us.
Please note: After checking out, you will receive an email with a link for downloading the book PDF. The file is approximately 70 MB. You will have 5 tries to download the file and the link will expire in 72 hours. (If you’re unsuccessful in downloading the file, contact us and we’ll reissue the link.) Your name, email address, and a unique transaction number will be stamped in the upper left corner of each page—please wait a couple of minutes before clicking the download link.